Patriotism does not mean contempt for traditions

Barack Obama is no patriot. Liberals apparently love coming up with new definitions of words.

The picture above was taken during the national anthem. This is not presidential behavior. For Democrats to even be considering this man as a potential candidate for the presidency is a disgrace. Not only does he refuse to wear the American flag, he apparently refuses to salute it.

Obama: No Hand on Heart for National Anthem

During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. — United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171

Update: Video footage proves he was not early lowering his hand or late raising it.  Maybe it was an honest mistake and not deliberate contempt for tradition, but either way, he is not presidential material.

Possibly related posts:
  • Another thing that bothers me
  • Are Democrats really that dumb?
  • Liberal hypocrites
  • Democrats and the Fairness Doctrine
  • Require basic test to vote

• 10 Responses to “Patriotism does not mean contempt for traditions”

1. Dana says:

If he is Jehovah’s Witness or something, I’d understand. But I doubt it has anything to do with established religious belief.

It reminds me of something a German observer of American patriotism mentioned. For an American to be a patriot does not mean he embraces everything that America has done or is doing. A patriot can actually be quite critical of American politics. Instead, it means he revers what America stands for, our founding documents, etc.

If you do not have respect for what America stands for, how can you run for president to lead this people?

2. Dana says:

btw, love the Obama ads that this entry pulled up. : )

3. Kansas Bob says:

Sad commentary on Obama.. agree with you about him not being presidential material.

Ditto the BarackObama.com ads comment that Dana made.. are you sure that you are not a closeted Obama supporter :)

4. perros says:

Dana – You’re right, he does look like some kind of a German observer – respectfully observing of others patriotism but not actually part of / participating in it himself.

5. casey says:

Thanks for the comments, guys. I was away on a short weekend trip. I didn’t see the Obama ads. Right now there’s one for Ron Paul. :)

6. childlife says:

I saw this and thought, “WHAT???” What could he possibly be thinking? If I was a democrat (and I’m not) that photo would certainly cinch a “no” vote for me…

7. can't believe i'm reading this says:

Maybe you all should pay attention to issues more than random photos taken of Democratic presidential candidates. No doubt this photo was taken right before or after the National Anthem started playing. Barack Obama has demonstrated a sincere dedication to public service and the United States throughout his relatively short political career. The fact that one photograph of a politician regardless of party would “cinch” a vote from anyone is irresponsible citizenship!

8. casey says:

Right before or right after? Everyone else in the picture just happened to notice the beginning of the song earlier or failed to recognize the ending of the song as quickly as he did? Issues? Are you kidding? Democrats will say anything to get votes. It just depends on what is popular at the time. If the war is popular, “I voted to authorize the use of force to protect our country.” If the war is unpopular, “Sure, I voted for it, but I was misled.”

You’re right about one thing, though. He has had a very short political career. He has no business running for the presidency in the first place. Nothing in his record qualifies him to run the country.

9. casey says:

A friend just alerted me to this story. It has the video showing that B. Hussein Obama did not have his hand over his heart at any point during the anthem.

10. Rick Rouse says:

This image makes me wonder exactly where Mr. Obama’s true loyalties lie. Apparently NOT with the United States.